Monday, 7 May 2012

Grade 10 - Athletic Reflection - Track and Field!

 For the past few years I have been a part of Collingwood's track and field team. At the start, I only competed in high jump, but this year I have really started to branch out and try some new events!  This season I tried 400m hurdles, 100m hurdles, 100m sprint, and long jump in addition to keeping with high jump.  I was very proud of myself for trying the new events, especially when in my first 400m hurdles exhibition race, I came first!
Last season and this season I had been having some mental issues with high jump. I knew I could make the height, but for some reason my body wouldn't listen and I was too scared to even attempt many heights. At the North Shores qualifying meet, I really didn't want to compete in high jump because I thought I would embarrass myself or not jump to my abilities.  In the end, I forced myself to jump and i qualified for the North Shores.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the meet because of some scheduling problems, but in the end what mattered was that I pushed through and faced my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment